- How many subscribers are you planning to import to VISP?
- Please refer to this import sheet. http://bit.ly/2IZA4zb
- If you are planning to host emails or websites using a domain other than the one you’ve activated in VISP for your ISP, you must send the list of domains over to email@example.com, so the accounts can be pre-created.
- For your current email or hosting service provider
- For your technical or support teams handling or assisting with the migration
- For your VISP migration specialist
- Sample Notification Timeline
- 1-2 Days for testing email and hosting accounts if they can be export from your current server and imported to VISP.
- At least 45 days for the first reminder
- At least 25 days for the second reminder
- At least 10 days for the third reminder
- At least 3 days for the final reminder
- Sending notification on migration day
- Post-migration email to subscribers
- Issue resolution and cleanup
- Preferred Migration Schedule
- Tuesday to Thursdays only.
- SysAdmins normally do not schedule migrations over the weekend. This may be a paid service, and you will have to coordinate with your Client Success team for this.
Your Email / Hosting Migration Updates
Take note that “yourdomain.ext” in the fields shown below, is the domain you will be activating or using for the email or hosting account.
- Remove any existing MX records, and add a single MX record, with a priority of 10 to point to: mx.yourdomain.ext.cust.b.hostedemail.com.
- Modify the DNS records (where applicable) for mail.$domain, pop3.$domain, imap.$domain, pop.$domain to be CNAMEs pointing to: mail.userservices.net.cust.b.hostedemail.com.
- For pre-migration testing, please update a test domain to use the DNS records above and inform your Client Success team if the domain is and we'll get it setup as a test account for you ASAP.
- You may refer to the upgrade FAQ - OSRS here (https://goo.gl/mn9HQd), if you are hosting email only for your active ISP domain registered VISP. If you are hosting email domains or websites other than your VISP registered or activated ISP domain, please refer to the FAQ below.
- If you are hosting email using a domain other than what you have activated for your ISP in VISP or hosting website files on your activated domain, then you may refer to this FAQ - HSTPIA. You may also refer to this Sample Email Template
- Your migration may involve updating your subscriber's email clients to support SMTP authentication (required configuration). You may refer to this sample notification email. (http://bit.ly/2uac0nK)
If you have questions, concerns, or if you want assistance, please send an email to your Client Success team via firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 541-955-6900.