Enabling multiple MAC support allows more than one MAC to connect to a single package. Perfect for events, campgrounds, marinas - anywhere short-term access can be profitable. To set the number of MACs allowed to connect to the network from the Ultimate Back Office software, go to ISP Settings > Billing > Packages > [Package Name] > Options > Multiple MACs. To authenticate multiple unique devices within a 24-hour period, click the Allow MACs to authenticate within a 24 hour period checkbox below the field labeled "Multiple MACs" and enter the number of allowed devices.
- The default value is 5 devices.
Monitor Devices Connected to the Network
- Go to the subscriber's Packages Tab > [Package name] > Wireless > Devices. Hovering over the Devices node produces a tooltip that displays the number devices that are allowed, registered, and authenticated on the network.
- Data are displayed in columns:
- Date column shows the last time the unique device(s) logged in. Hovering over the Date column produces a list of the last 10 logins.
- MAC Address column contains the fields where you would manually enter the MAC Address of the device.
- IP Address column contains the fields where you would manually enter the IP Address.
- Hover on a row and a gray arrow will appear to the right of the field. Clicking the arrow reveals the following options:
- Add - Add a new device (MAC)
- Delete - Delete an authenticated device
- Usage for this device - Open the Subscriber Usage Report for the MAC address
- Usage for all devices - Open the Wireless Usage Report for all authenticated MACs
- Click on Update to save changes.