Equipment monitoring in 6.1 gives you more power to check and monitor the performance of the customer-premises equipment, decreasing the turnaround time for device problem resolution through the feature's automatic email alert if ping is slow.
- To configure equipment monitoring on your software, go to the ISP configuration by clicking on this 2nd button on the toolbar. Then, click on Monitoring.
- You can check or uncheck this box to enable or disable this feature from the software.
- You also have the option to send an alert if the ping is slow.
- You can set threshold, as well, for the number of milliseconds allowed before sending an alert.
- You can set the slider according to your preference and specify the maximum ping time.
- And then set to send alert after a specified number of minutes if the signal is either on green, yellow, or red status.
To show you how the equipment monitoring feature works, we have to go to the main table.
- Make sure you have the CPE status column added unto the table, if not, then just click on the column header, a window opens, go to the equipment tab, and make sure you check the CPE status box.
- You now have the CPE status column on the main table. Click the CPE status column along the row of the subscriber whose equipment you want to check the status of. UBO then pings the IP address of that device.
- You also see the graph of the ping.
- (and finally) - The setting tab shows you the time it took to ping the IP address.
Equipment monitoring is a powerful tool in monitoring performance while decreasing the turn-around time for problem solving.