Visp.net logs many gigabytes of data per day. The data are logged for troubleshooting purposes when needs arise.
Our experience has been that nearly 100% of log research requests received merely show the problem lies on the subscriber end or outside of our network. In order to keep our wholesale prices low, we do not provide log research as a component of our standard ISP support. This is not uncommon in the industry as most, and possibly all other wholesale email and network vendors do not provide logs or log research under any circumstance. Visp.net uniquely provides these services as follows:
Log research services
- Visp.net is happy to provide log research for our partner ISPs, provided we have available technicians, at our wholesale hourly rate of $75/hour for special services with a half hour minimum of $37.50. That's a substantial discount from our regular hourly rate of $150/hour.
- If the logs show the problem was related to a failure of a system at visp.net there will not be any charge.
- If a log research request is made and visp.net technicians know of a reason that would have caused the request, we will provide that information directly in lieu of the log research, and there will not be any charge.
To submit a log research request...
- Open a trouble ticket at http://support.visp.net, and specify the following information:
- Service (email, dialup, etc)
- Date and time of event (as close as possible)
- Details of event. For instance, if the event is related to email, provide the TO and FROM addresses in question.
- What you wish to receive out of the research.