Note that deleting a subscriber means removing all active services and then moving the subscriber's account to the Deleted category. If you configured the software to automatically delete a subscriber, we recommend adding a 'grace period' before doing so.
- Click on that subscriber’s row on the main table, then click the Delete Selected Subscriber icon on the toolbar.
- You may also right-click on the subscriber > Actions > Delete Subscriber ; or go to File > Delete Subscriber.
- You will be reminded that deleting the subscriber means removing all active services and stop all recurring emails and charges.
- If you are sure that you want to proceed, click Delete.
- After clicking Delete, the subscriber will be moved to the Deleted Category.
- When the pencil icon is clicked, it will allow you to edit the ISP settings and configure how subscribers will be deleted.
Undeleting a Subscriber
If you need to restore the profile and billing information of a deleted Subscriber, simply go to the Display Options located at the upper portion of the UBO software. All you have to do is check the Include Deleted checkbox beside the Inactive button. Then, select the Subscriber you would like to undelete by clicking the Undelete Subscriber icon. Note that the status of the newly undeleted Subscriber will be changed to Inactive since no packages and services are currently added to the Subscriber.