Parts of Your Mass Email Manager
The VISP Mass Email Manager has three parts- (1) the templates, (2) the editor, and the (3) recipient list. Let's find out how to open the Mass Email Manager, and then break down each of the different parts.
Launching or Closing the Email Manager
- You may go to the Tools menu, and then click on Mass Email, or click on the third icon from the left side of the toolbar, to open the Mass Email Manager.
- To close the Email Manager, click on the Mass Email toolbar icon. This will take you to your Main table.
- There are three types of templates:
- General - These templates are manually sent to subscribers.
- Scheduled - These emails are scheduled to go out on a specific date and time.
- Triggers - When a pre-set event happens like a credit card expires, or a subscriber going beyond their bandwidth limit, these emails are sent.
- You may add or delete templates and folders in this section. When you add a new template you must put it in a folder. Scheduled templates are automatically moved to the Scheduled Templates folder. You can only use the existing triggers.
Your email editor has three sections.
- From - The field shows the email address of the sender. Clicking on the pencil icon on the right allows you to edit the default email saved in your Settings.
- To - Shows a combination of triggers and a list of filtered groups of subscribers. Here's a video on Filters.
- Cc - These are individuals other than the main recipient of the message.
- Subject - The subject of your mass email.
- Attachments - attach statements, documents, or files to your mass email. See the article for allowed Attachments in VISP.
- Body - You may write your message in this section.
- WYSIWYG Editor - Allows you to edit the font color, type, or size, and add links, images, or tables on your email message.
Buttons and Additional Settings
- Save As - Saves and turns your message into a template, which can use later on
- Save - Saves your recent changes to the message
- Send - A confirmation will appear before sending your message is sent to your subscribers
- Insert - Opens a specific list of merge codes, which you can add to your email, to populate user information in your messages. For example, this merge code "<<Username>>" changes to "demo123" (subscriber's username in VISP) when the message is sent.
The To field on the top section of your Mass Email Manager determines your Recipient list for the message.
To preview the message for a selected recipient, hover on the small envelope icon with a check mark, to open the Preview window.
Adding Columns to Your Recipient List
Right click on any column header, and select Choose Columns. Select the columns you want to be displayed.