When one of your Subscribers reports a technical problem, you can add a ticket for that Subscriber. A ticket is like a job order for technicians. Using the Ticket and Schedule Manager feature, you can schedule a technician to fix the problem using the Google Calendar app. This gives you and your technicians a better way to organize your schedule. With Google Calendar, you can setup your phone to receive alerts when ticket details changes.
Depending on the type of mobile device you have, you may be able to access the Google Calendar up to three different ways:
- Google Calendar for mobile browsers
Just like you would do on a computer, simply go to http://www.google.com/calendar in your mobile device's web browser to access Google Calendar. There's no setup required. The mobile browser interface of Google Calendar is always in sync with the main Google Calendar server.
- Calendar application for Android
Most Android devices come with a pre-installed Calendar application, which offers an experience similar to accessing Google Calendar in the browser but is faster and adds support for on-device alerts. Keep in mind the Calendar application is available as a native app for Android devices only.
- Google Sync or CalDAV
If you prefer to use your mobile device's native calendar application, you can integrate Google Calendar with your device using Google Sync. Right now, Google Sync is Beta software and support is limited. Google Sync uses the Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® protocol on some devices. You can also sync via CalDAV on iPhone devices (includes iPod touch).
Note : To view your Ticket and Schedule Manager (TSM) Calendar, you must login using the same gmail account you provided in the UBO software.
Adding Google Calendar App to your Android Device
If the Google Calendar app isn't installed on your device, search for it on Google Play Store.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your android device.
- Search for a Google Calendar and select it.
- Follow onscreen instructions to install and download the app. You should then be able to find and launch the app from your applications screen.
- Sign in when prompted for your Google Account.
Syncing your Google Calendar on your device
To use the native Calendar app on your device, you need to sign in to your Google Apps account. You only have to do this once.
- Go to Settings on your device then scroll down andTap or click Add account and sign in when prompted for your Google Account.
- Accounts & sync Settings for android devices ;
- Or Mail, Contacts, Calendar for iphone devices.
- Follow onscreen instructions to sync your Calendar with Google.
- You should see all of your Google Calendars in the Calendar App.